Sunday, September 6, 2009

Arches National Park


When you live in Moab, UT as we do, you are lucky to have 2 national parks practically in your backyard, Arches and Canyonlands.

Arches has become one of my favorite parks because I have gotten to explore so much of it due to its proximity. 2,000 arches+ exist here, and more are slowly being created and destroyed everyday by natural forces. Wind, sand, and water carve and change these formations. Sometimes it takes decades, sometimes minutes. Last year, one of my favorite Arches, Wall Arch out in the Devil's Garden area collapsed overnight. I was devastated, but then came to realize it was all apart of the circle. It did make me stop and look at things more closely, and take the time to appreciate my surroundings while I still had the chance.

Change, it is inevitable, and a part of our lives. Nowhere is that more apparent than in the beautiful landscape of Arches National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment